1. Hey Lydia! Look at you wearing the curved wedge! For those that have not dared to rock them yet, do you have any advice?
Lydia: Don’t even think twice about them! They’re just as easy to walk in as a stiletto. You will always find me in a wedge.
2. Being an associate buyer, you see every shoe shape, size, style…you name it, you’ve seen it. What’s it like buying so many shoes all the time?
L: I love seeing all of the designs and inspirations. It’s a great feeling bringing that back for our clients.
3. Yes! We thank you for it! It’s been great seeing our shoe selections expand. How many pairs would you say you (roughly) own?
L: I’d say the good thing about me is that I’m not a pack rat. On average, I’m rotating about 80 pairs of shoes. I’m definitely an “out with the old and in with the new” kind of gal so if I find something I love, I will allays make room for it in my closet.
4. You must have a giant shoe closet! We’re also loving everything about nail art right now. What’s your favorite nail trend of the moment?
L: I love embellishments, gold dust and adding your own loose glitter onto the nail polish. On NYE, I had a black nail polish base with silver dust on top.
5. Sounds dazzling! What’s on top of your to-do list this year?
L: To travel more! The best way to see more is by getting out there more. Some places you may not ever think about traveling to might have some of the best fashion trends! Part of my family lives in Israel and I love going to visit. We got to visit them last summer and I was able to really appreciate not only the history and culture but I also recognized more of the fashion side. It was great! Shenken street was full of amazing fashion finds!
6. That’s great! Thanks for the insider shopping scoop. What are three things you want to tell us about yourself? Make one weird!
L: 1.) If anyone ever invites me to watch live music, I’m there. I love watching new and interesting music of any sorts.
2.) When I’m not in high heels, I’m running around in soccer cleats with my inter mural team.
3.) For the weird one…I’ll have to get back to you on that one.
7. Music, fashion and sports. Not a bad life! You’re headed to Vegas soon for the Magic Trade Show. Have any fun Vegas stories you would want to share with us?
L: Well….as we all know, Vegas is a really crazy place. You never know what’s going to happen. I’ve ended up at the Hugh Hefner Suite watching Kanye West preform. I was also randomly entered into a Halloween contest one year by someone who was running the club.
8. Did you win?
L: Unfortunately no, but I made a really sweet peacock costume with about a hundred peacock feathers.
9. You put in a lot of work for that one! Okay, fill in the blank for our readers. Every girl should have at least ____ pairs of shoes.
L: Every girl should have enough shoes for every possible occasion!
10. That’s why we’re here! Thanks for catching up with us. What can we look forward to this year?
L: New embellishments, prints, cut outs and tons of metal. Oh, we’ll also get to see lots more cool new sneakers with mixed materials!
Awesome! Thanks again Lydia!
Shop Lydia’s shoe: Mandalique (coming soon!)