The weather is starting to heat up in L.A., but that doesn’t mean we can’t hold onto our winter wonderland! We found this cold-weather-chic recipe that you’re going to want to sip slow! This Spiked Hot Cocoa is so necessary for a cozy night-in. So, grab your favorite sweater, the newest rom-com, and your Desiree platforms. You’re in for a real treat!
What you’ll need (makes 2 servings):
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons of Dutch-processed cocoa powder (Unsweetened)
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 oz. Kahlua coffee liqueur
- Mini marshmallows for garnish
- Chocolate syrup for serving
- In a medium saucepan—combine milk, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and nutmeg over medium heat.
- Heat about 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Remove from heat, and stir in Kahlua.
- Serve immediately with marshmallows and chocolate syrup.