- OFFICIAL RULES.The following are the official rules (“Rules”) for the ShoeDazzle & NYX Cosmetics (“Sweepstakes”). In order to enter the Sweepstakes, you must agree to these Rules. You agree that submission of an entry form and/or participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes your agreement to these Rules.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- SPONSOR.The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Shoedazzle. (“Sponsor”), a Delaware corporation with its principal place of business at 800 Apollo Street, El Segundo, CA 90245.
- ENTRY & ELIGIBILITY. To enter the Sweepstakes, follow the directions on Shoedazzle’s Instagram post and NYX Cosmetics post, comment and tag-a-friend (“Entry”). Maximum three entries per person. Entries that are lost, late, incomplete, misdirected or altered for any reason, including hardware, software, browser or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility will be ineligible. Only legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (excluding Rhode Island), the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older may enter and participate in the Sweepstakes, except employees, agents, or representatives of the Sponsor or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, or members of their immediate family.
- PRIZES. The following “Prize” is being awarded in this Sweepstakes: One (1) Grand Prize Winner (“Winner”) will win an all-expenses paid trip to Los Angeles, at an unspecified date within 3-months of Sweepstakes Period, which shall include:
- (i) one (1) round trip economy ticket for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) round trip economy ticket for a guest of the Grand Prize winner on an airline selected by Sponsor, provided the Grand Prize Winner lives at least 200 miles away from Los Angeles, CA (In the event the Grand Prize Winner lives within 200 miles of Los Angeles, California, alternate transportation shall be provided),
- (ii) two (2) two nights’ accommodation (single room, double occupancy) at a hotel selected by Sponsor
- (iii) Five (5) Shoedazzle credits (ARV $199.75)
- (iv) NYX Cosmetics Beauty gift bag (ARV $200)
- (iv) Transportation to and from the hotel from (a) airport, (b) and to and from the NYX Face Awards in Downtown Los Angeles (“Trip”).
- All results and decisions of the random drawing are final and binding in all respects. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. All results and decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all respects. The Trip must be taken on the dates specified by Sponsor, according to Sponsor’s directions and choice of flight, hotel and activities. As part of the Prize, the Prize Winner may be photographed and/or videotaped and Prize Winner agrees to execute the Sponsor’s standard release form in connection therewith. Prize Winner must participate in all events planned by Sponsor during the Trip. If, at any time during the Trip, Sponsor deems the conduct or behavior of the Prize Winner or their guest to be in violation of these Rules or has placed the Sponsor in an embarrassing or compromising situation, Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to immediately cancel all events and prizes related to such Prize and the Trip, including but not limited to any and all accommodations, reservations and activities, and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such Prize Winner or their guest in connection with the Sweepstakes, Prize and Trip. Prize Winner must obey local laws and lodging restrictions. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated herein, including but not limited to personal charges at hotel, security fees, baggage fees, transportation costs, taxes or other expenses or incidentals are the sole responsibility of Prize Winner and/or their guest. Travel restrictions, conditions, and other limitations may apply. No insurance is provided as part of the Prize, and obtaining any insurance, such as but not limited to, travel insurance, health, accident or medical insurance, and property loss or damage insurance is the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner and their guest. Sponsor will not be liable for any missed opportunities or expenses incurred by Prize Winner and/or their guest as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. The Prize Winner will be required to provide a current valid major credit card at time of hotel check-in to cover incidentals, and any and all costs, fees, and expenses not expressly provided for as stated in the Prize description above. Once a Prize Winner’s guest is determined, that guest cannot be changed without the express consent of Sponsor, which may be withheld for any reason. The approximate value of Prize is up to one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500.00). Limit one (1) prize per winner. All results and decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all respects. The Prize is not transferable or redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded. Any difference between the approximate value and the actual value of the Prize will not be awarded and any difference will not be refunded. Taxes related to the Prize, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- Sweepstakes.The Sweepstakes begins on July 7th and ends July 14th, 2017 will be ongoing until deemed otherwise by Sponsor (“Offer Period”). Deadline for 2017 drawing is 11:59 PM PST on July 14th. The Winners will be notified by direct message. If the winning Entries are discovered to be invalid for any reason prior to delivery of the Prize, or if the Winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within seven (7) business days, an alternate winner may be selected, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Winners will be announced will be announced on the Facebook wall and tagged in the comment section.
If the potential prize winner is a resident of Canada, he or she will be required to correctly answer a skill-based test question within a limited time-period, to be administered via email, in order to be eligible to receive his or her prize. Not providing the answer within the required time period, providing an incorrect or incomplete answer or noncompliance with the terms of administration of the test question will result in disqualification of the potential winner and an alternate winner being selected.
- GENERAL.This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of California, United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Rules and by Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Entrants are required to provide accurate, valid and truthful information at all times. Sponsor will reject and delete any Entry that it discovers to be false, fraudulent, illegal or deceptive and will disqualify any entrant who tampers with the Entry process, the operation of the Sweepstakes, or is otherwise in violation of the Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors which result in the omission, interruption, deletion, defect, destruction, alteration, and/or delay of any Entry. Sponsor is not responsible for any technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware and/or software malfunction, problem, incompatibility, congestion or failure of any kind. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes at any time, in its sole discretion, if the Sweepstakes is not capable of completion as planned, including without limitation, the lack of Entry submissions, incomplete Entries, computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, without notice. Upon cancellation or termination of the Sweepstakes for any reason, Sponsor shall have no obligation to award prizes or compensation of any kind.
By submitting an Entry and participating in the Sweepstakes, you represent and warrant that (i) your Entry is original and that you are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted Entry, or you have obtained the necessary permission to include the Entry in the Sweepstakes, and that you have the right and authority to submit the Entry in the Sweepstakes; (ii) your Entry does not violate any third party intellectual property or proprietary rights; and (iii) you are otherwise not in violation of any applicable laws, rules and/or regulations.
By submitting an Entry and participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree and hereby grant Sponsor and its affiliates permission to use, copy, modify, publish, and/or reproduce your Entry, including but not limited to your name, likeness, image, story and photos, for any purpose, including but not limited to marketing, media, editorial, commercial, advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes, in any form of media anywhere in the world, without further compensation to you. You also agree to participate in any marketing, media, editorial, commercial, advertising, promotional and/or publicity activity related to the Sweepstakes.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSEES, SUCCESSORS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS AT ALL TIMES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, PROCEEDINGS, COSTS (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND EXPENSES FOR ANY INJURY, DAMAGE OR LOSS CAUSED OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED, BASED UPON, OR ARISING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR ANY PART OF THE PRIZE, ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY OR EVENT.
In no event shall Sponsor be liable to a winner or entrant for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages of any kind, whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, statutory or any other theory of liability arising from or related to the Sweepstakes, or any aspect of winner’s or entrant’s participation in or termination from the Sweepstakes as provided herein, even if Sponsor has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall Sponsor be liable to a winner or entrant for any amount with respect to winner’s or entrant’s participation in or disqualification from the Sweepstakes, or from the termination or cancellation of the Sweepstakes. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or to any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or related to the Sweepstakes are hereby excluded, and you expressly waive any and all such rights.
If any section, provision, term or clause shall be held or found to be unenforceable or invalid by a court decision, statute, rule or otherwise, the remaining provisions shall not be affected thereby and shall continue in full force and effect and such provision may be modified or severed from these Rules to the extent necessary to make such provision enforceable and consistent with the remainder of these Rules.