In honor of Halloween, we present our top five most fashionable moments in horror film history.
1. Bride of Frankenstein – Hollywood glamour and Egyptian queen Nefertari were the inspirations for the wavy tresses seen on Frankenstein’s startled wife.
2. Rosemary’s Baby – Most know this film for Mia Farrow’s daring hair cut. But, the red chiffon trouser pant suit really defines the progressive state of fashion for women in the 60′s.
3. The Birds- Credit for Tippi Hedren’s legendary look goes to costume designer Edith Head, who referred to the suit’s green hue as “Eau de Nil.”
4. Nightmare on Elm Street – Okay, he’s decaying a bit. But, stripes are always in and that Fedora Mr. Krueger is donning let’s us know he could have been a super cool hipster.
5. The Craft – Even though they were self-proclaimed weirdos, this coven knew a thing or two about style. How else would they have made those plain school uniforms so gothic-chic?