1. Hi Monica! How’s it going? Thanks for setting some time aside to catch up. What’s your average day like working the front desk at ShoeDazzle?
Monica: The pleasure is mine! A typical day consists of greeting guests, answering calls, receiving mail…oh, and feeding the company’s pet piranha named Dazzle!
2. Dazzle is a cutie! You started out working in Client Services then transitioned into this role. Describe the major differences.
M: In Client Servcies, I got to work hands-on with clients assisting them with their orders, talking about shoes, and all of the extra good stuff. Now that I’m ShoeDazzle’s receptionist, I’m exposed to different fields and aspects of the company. I meet cool new people every day and I’m always keeping busy with various tasks. I do miss working personally with our awesome clients though!
3. We have such great clients. We all really love how we are able to get so personal! Speaking of shoes, what was your first ShoeDazzle purchase?
M: The ever-so-popular, Ciji!
4. Oh, that Ciji! She had to make quite a few comebacks! What are the highlights of your job (aside from all of the great shoes)?
M: On my first day working as the receptionist, I had the pleasure of grabbing Rachel Zoe an iced latte and some English Breakfast tea. It’s kind of silly but i would say that had to be one of the best moments of my job everrrrr since I love Rachel Zoe, but it was also nerve-wrecking at the same time since it was my first day.
5. Oh, I bet! We are beyond excited to have her on board as Chief Stylist. So, we heard your boyfriend works for an airline and we’re all a little jealous of that. Do you two get to travel everywhere?
M: I guess we like to consider ourselves little jet setters! Occasionally, we fly out and go on one day trips to Vegas just to have lunch. This definitely spices up the average date night!
6. That is definitely not average and we like it. Valentine’s Day is coming up. 1. What are you getting your significant other and 2. Are there any special plans in store?
M: Ahh, we’re actually not too big on Valentine’s Day but I do love to surprise the boyfriend every now and then. I truly believe that a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. He can expect a good meal to come! Will I be cooking for him? Maybe. I do like to play chef in the kitchen while experimenting with a dish or tow.
7. Lucky man! What are some of your beauty must haves?
M: I’m currently obsessed with my Clarisonic I got this past Christmas. Ladies, it is a must! I will never wash my face using my hands again!
8. What are five ways you would describe yourself?
M: Macaron lover. Queen of happy hour. A foodie-enthusiast. Travelista. Bargain-shopper-whore (I’m always looking for a good deal!)
9. The best thing about working in Santa Monica is _____.
M: All of the amazing places to go eat! I get so excited every time lunch comes around. I’m always looking for new places to try.
10. We’re lucky to be in such a prime location. Lastly, your current obsession is…
M: I would have to say working out! I’ve never been much of a gym rat so let’s see how long this lasts!
Thanks Monica! I’m sure our readers had just as much fun reading this as we did making this blog post with you!
On Monica: Sabina (coming soon! )