Who knows if winter will be extra long this year…besides the groundhog’s all-elusive shadow? I do know that the CDC is pretty sure Flu Season will reach epidemic proportions for the modern epoch. I have this unfounded and uncharacteristically optimistic theory that you can fight the flu with fashion—like, if you look good, you won’t get sick; and if you dress right, no one will guess right that you’re ill. There’s no medical potion in this notion, but there’s a reason placebos exist.
Here are a few Don’ts and Do’s when you get dressed while distressed with the flu.
– Don’t wear surgeon’s masks in public. That Bird Flu trend flew over years ago. They’re no longer patho-generally accepted outside the cuckoo’s nest. (Note: I am not a doctor.)
– Don’t let anyone see you sweat. Even collegiate hoodies have no business attending work with you.
– Don’t let delirium drain you of your ability to do your hair and makeup. Less cute.
– Do keep your look clinically colorful. Consider hospital’y hued accessories to keep you well. Think chic-E.R.
- Teals that heal: Kickin, Meike
- Purses that nurse: Valetta, Alta, Nauru
- M.D.’s in jewelry: Bejeweled, Pretty Rough
– Do us all a favor and stay home if you’re sick and sickening. No one wants to see that…I mean…get sick, too.
Richy T. – Over the inFLUence.