Fall means something different to every girl. For some, it’s a cozy knit throw and a dreamy fireplace. (Let us know when you find one of those!) For others, it’s simply a pumpkin spice latte and a bit of crisp air. But no matter what your autumnal routine, everyone can appreciate a good go-to sweater to wear with absolutely everything! Working in varied weaves and shapes and sizes that are just begging to be touched will ensure that by winter, you’re cozying up to something a little more alive than just your bulky cardigan from grandma, and that’s never a bad thing. Whether you pair it with your standby leggings, wide-leg jeans, mix it up with a skirt or over a summer dress, we’ve scouted the headlining sweaters of this season. And it’s up to you to choose to buy in bulk at low prices, (speak: sweater marathon) or invest in just one pricey piece that you’ll wear everyday.
From seeing spots of both the leopard and polka variety, to sexy softness like fuzzy mohair, the little elves that weave these wonders thought of something for everyone. Stripes and brights, turtlenecks and cropped styles… we are seriously having sick thoughts about cold weather and all the lovely sweater numbers we can whip up. And since we Dazzlers love to use our imagination to take us shopping, don’t even feel strange for eyeing that thousand dollar Missoni (because we don’t!) These sweaters are all about inspiration, and, thanks to a dose of the wild-child gene amongst sweater designers this season, just about having fun during sweater weather!
Splurge Total: $2027
- Farah Chunky Sweater, $495 at Rag and Bone
- Leo Block Sweater, $295 at Rebecca Taylor
- Missoni TurtleNeck Knit Sweater, $1023 at FarFetch
- Thakoon Addition Mohair Sweater, $250 at Shop Les Nouvelles
- Joseph Cable-Knit Wool and Cashmere Blend Sweater, $575 at Net-a-Porter
Steal Total: $235
- Counting Sheep Sweater, $108 at Madewell
- Those Fall Nights Sweater, $52.99 at ModCloth
- TopShop Neon Plaid Sweater, $84 at Nordstrom
- Stone Animal Sweater, $61 at Wallis Fashion
- Knitted Dip-Dye Cable Jumper, $90 at TopShop