It’s freezing outside, which can only mean one thing… winter is coming! Perfect for a night in with your boo or babes, we’re dishing a few of our favorite movies and cocktail combos to get you through the chill. The snuggle is real right now, and we’re so here for it!
If you’re looking for a classic rom-com, The Holiday is here to bring all the feels. Two women who are fed up with their love lives swap homes, only to find themselves falling in love with local men. The only thing that will get you into the holiday spirit more than this movie is this festive drink: a Peppermint Chocolate Martini with candy canes on the rim (yum!).
Peppermint Chocolate Martini
1 cup chocolate milk
1 shot chocolate liqueur
½ shot peppermint liqueur
Marshmallow crème, for garnish
Crushed peppermint candy canes, for garnish
- Combine chocolate milk, chocolate liqueur, and peppermint liqueur in a martini shaker.
- Dip a martini glass into the marshmallow crème and then into crushed peppermint candy canes.
- Pour mixture into a martini glass and serve.
Whether you have kids or not, you’ll love this magical movie. A daring princess sets out on an adventure to save her kingdom from eternal winter (no thank you!), alongside a few trusty sidekicks. Break your own icy spell and sip on a classic Hot Toddy, the perfect mix of healthy and boozy – bourbon, honey, lemon, and cinnamon are the key ingredients for this winter fave.
1 cup hot water
1 oz. bourbon
1 tbsp. honey
2 tsp. lemon juice
- Combine hot water, bourbon, honey, and lemon juice.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and lemon slice (optional).
It wouldn’t be the holiday season unless you watched Love, Actually. A story about eight different couples navigating the chaos that comes with the holiday season (we know you can relate). Kick the movie up a notch with a Rumchata Eggnog – a sweet spin on your childhood staple. By the end, you’ll definitely feel warm and fuzzy.
2 oz. Rumchata
2 oz. Eggnog
Cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- Mix the eggnog and RumChata in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with cinnamon sticks (optional).
Which movie are you adding to your list? Let us know in the comments!