After noticing a bit of, shall we say, apprehension in the responses to the Akiko post, I’ve asked the stylists to offer a few pointers on how to wear this smart, little heel.
- Bring Akiko out of her shell with military inspired pieces.
- Look for pleated, layered, and geometric pieces that echo Akiko’s most notable features.
- Stick with solid colors in gradation. The reflection of metallic fabrics and the sheen of leather will give your look sophisticated depth without appearing busy.
- Bring a touch of nostalgia to your look with Henley tops, mildly distressed finishes, and creamy –rather than stark white– tones.
- Keep it simple; Akiko was designed to bring subtle interest to understated, but detail-oriented looks. Accessories should be minimal and thoughtful.
Totally appropriate for National Grammar Day, Akiko dots the i’s and crosses the t’s of succinctly chic, neutral styles!