1. Hi Michelle! We’re so happy we were finally able to catch you. You’re our accessories and handbags buyer. Can we call you our bag lady?
Michelle: Only if we can do a ShoeDazzle edit of Erykah Badu’s Bag Lady song!
2. That would be really fun! Tell us, what’s it like being a buyer for ShoeDazzle (it’s kind of every girl’s dream job).
M: It’s a ton of fun. I get to buy unlimited amount of bags, jewelry and watches without spending a dime.
3. Well isn’t that nice! I’m sure your closet is spilling over with all the goodies. As a buyer, you’re always traveling. You must have a few essentials you always have with you. If you were a bag, any type of bag, what kind of bag would you be?
M: That’s a tough one but I would most likely be a studded cross body because I’m always on the move. Whether I’m headed to my car, the subway, a restaurant or a party, I like to have all my essentials close to me and am obsessed with studs!
4. We love them all too–flat, spiked, squared, you name it! What are your top 5 beauty must haves?
M: Mascara, Carmex, gum, Advil and a hair brush. Long hair does care!
5. You’re right! You never know who you’ll run into! Since we’re changing our styles so rapidly to stay on trend, what’s it like buying so many accessories every month?
M: It’s great! Costume jewelry’s the best. I love being able to snag some great deals for our girls. You can layer and accessorize without having to break the bank.
6. Speaking of never knowing who you’re going to run into, we heard a funny story about your running into your man crush Joseph Gordon Levitt. Details on that please.
M: Well, the background story on that love interest is that I’ve loved the boy since 3rd Rock from the Sun! I was driving down on La Cienega Blvd a few years ago and came really close to a pedestrian. And by really close, I mean I almost love tapped him with the front of my car only to find that it was Joseph Gordon Levitt! Needless to say, he and I both are alive and I haven’t seen him since. Heartbreak.
7. Wow! Talk about a love encounter! Hopefully your paths cross again very soon…in say, a romantic park with a sundae. Speaking of sundaes, do you prefer ice cream or fro-yo?
M: I scream for ice cream! My boyfriend actually makes fun of me for chewing my ice cream.
8. That sounds really chilly! Maybe that’s how you keep your pearly whites. Last but not least, it must be so fun providing such a variety of product for every type of woman out thee. Thanks for helping our client do it with so much ease. Since you’re off to NYC this weekend, what new trends will you be on the hunt for?
M: Jewelry wise I’ll be looking out for ear cuffs, layered rings, intricate body jewelry and chunky chains. On the bag side, we’re looking for laser cut outs, perforation and more prints!
Sounds promising! We can’t wait to see what 2013 brings us! Thanks for chatting with us Michelle! Stay warm in New York!
Michelle is wearing a January mid-month release. Keep your eyes peeled for the Kaydra bootie!